Epidemiology of Vehicle Fire Fatalities of Road Traffic Injuries in Kerman Province, Iran: A Cross-Sectional Study

Epidemiology of Vehicle Fire Fatalities of Road Traffic Injuries in Kerman Province, Iran: A Cross-Sectional Study


چاپ صفحه
پژوهان
صفحه نخست سامانه
چکیده مقاله
چکیده مقاله
نویسندگان
نویسندگان
دانلود مقاله
دانلود مقاله
علوم پزشکی شهید بهشتی
علوم پزشکی شهید بهشتی

نویسندگان: کتایون جهانگیری , علی خدادادی زاده , داود خراسانی زواره

کلمات کلیدی: Vehicle fire fatalities (VFFs), Road traffic injuries (RTIs), Fatality, Iran

نشریه: Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences, 12,7,2036 - 43,2019

اطلاعات کلی مقاله
hide/show

کد مقاله 66018752
عنوان فارسی مقاله Epidemiology of Vehicle Fire Fatalities of Road Traffic Injuries in Kerman Province, Iran: A Cross-Sectional Study
عنوان لاتین مقاله Epidemiology of Vehicle Fire Fatalities of Road Traffic Injuries in Kerman Province, Iran: A Cross-Sectional Study
نوع مقاله اصیل پژوهشی - Original Article
نحوه ایندکس شدن مقاله PubMed
IF
عنوان نشریه Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences
نوع نشریه خارجی نمایه شده
شماره نشریه 12
دوره 7
صفحه شروع و پایان در نشریه 2036 - 43
سال انتشار/ ارائه شمسی 1398
سال انتشار/ارائه میلادی 2019
آدرس لینک مقاله/ همایش در شبکه اینترنت http://www.id-press.eu/mjms/article/view/oamjms.2019.483
ISSN 1857-9655
DOI https://doi.org/10.3889/oamjms.2019.483
آدرس علمی (Affiliation) نویسنده متقاضی Department of Health in Disasters and Emergencies, School of Public Health and Safety, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran;

چکیده مقاله
hide/show

BACKGROUND: Vehicle fires are one of the most important causes of fatalities in road traffic injuries (RTIs), but there are no accurate statistics about vehicle fire fatalities (VFFs) due to RTIs in Iran. AIM: This study aimed to investigate the Epidemiology of vehicle fire fatalities (VFFs) due to road traffic injuries (RTIs) in Iran. METHODS: In this cross-sectional study, a researcher-made checklist was used to collect the required data from the files of RTI fatalities in the Kerman Legal Medicine Organization (KLMO), or coroner’s office. All reported victims of vehicle fires in the ten years from 2007 to 2017 were included in the study. The data were analysed using SPSS ver. 18, with p = 0.05 considered as the level of significance. RESULTS: The authors found 124 cases of vehicle fire fatalities in Kerman, with a mean age of 30.45 ± 12.41, of which 50% were in the 25-49 years age group. Most frequently, the victims were Iranian (91.9%), married (66.1%), self-employed (51.6%), and urban dwellers (79.8%), and had died because of burns (91.9%). In 46.8% of cases, the victims were the driver, and in the remaining 53.2%, they were the passenger of the crashed vehicle. Most frequently, vehicle fires occurred on extra-urban roads (90.3%), during spring (35.5 %) or summer (32.3%), due to a vehicle-to-vehicle collision (66.9%), between sedans (69.9%), and at night (63.7%). Most victims died at the scene of the incident (87.9%) and had been transferred to hospital by an ambulance (71%). CONCLUSION: This study indicated that car fires caused the death of young and middle-aged people. The authors suggest the implementation of preventative measures promoting car safety; establishing speed management; establishing laws governing driving, manufacturing and importation of vehicles; construction of safe roads; identifying accident-prone points; installing road warning signs; establishing more roadside stations; ensuring stricter police monitoring; and improving vehicle safety standards and public awareness about the risks of speeding.

نویسندگان
hide/show

نویسنده نفر چندم مقاله
کتایون جهانگیریدوم
علی خدادادی زادهاول
داود خراسانی زوارهسوم

لینک دانلود مقاله
hide/show

نام فایل تاریخ درج فایل اندازه فایل دانلود
2917-Article Text-14354-2-10-20190714.pdf1398/04/29399453دانلود